- Use of this product may damage or destroy mechanical and/or electrical components of this vehicle.
- Use of this product may void or nullify the vehicles factory warranty.
- User understands that motorsports are dangerous, and that installation of this product may subsequently require special driving skills or techniques to safely operate the vehicle.
- User assumes sole responsibility for the safe, proper, and legal use of the vehicle at all times.
- The purchaser and end user releases, indemnifies, discharges, and holds harmless H&S Motorsports, LLC from any and all claims, damages, causes of action, injuries, or expenses resulting from or relating to the use or installation of this product that is in violation of the terms and conditions on this page, the product disclaimer, and/or the product installation instructions. H&S Motorsports will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, punitive, statutory, or incidental damages or fines cause by the use or installation of this product.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Fits all 2017+ 6.7L Ford Power Stroke
H&S Motorsports is proud to introduce the SX-E Turbo Kit for the 2017+ 6.7L Power Stroke diesel. This kit is designed to replace the factory turbocharger, exhaust manifolds, intake piping, and charged air piping with H&S Motorsports quality parts.
We have performed extensive testing with BorgWarner's new SX-E line of turbochargers and they have proven to be a great match for the 6.7L Power Stroke engine. This kit comes standard with the 1.00 A/R divided (twin scroll) turbine housing (unless requested otherwise) and our turbocharger pedestal was redesigned to take full advantage of the twin-scroll design. The 73mm turbine wheel is larger than we are used to using, but the twin scroll design helps to retain the response and drive-ability in the lower RPM range. The benefits of the 73mm turbine wheel include lower drive pressure, lower EGTs, and more power! During our testing we experienced an average of a 200 degree drop in peak exhaust gas temperatures when compared to the factory turbocharger setup. Durability and reliability also play a big part in our parts selection and BorgWarner has stepped up their game with the 360-degree thrust bearing assembly that is standard in all SX-E units.
You may be aware that BorgWarner's new SX-E compressor housings are not currently offered with a 90-degree outlet option. No problem! As a solution, we CNC machine each SX-E compressor housing in-house to take advantage of the v-band outlet and supply a cast aluminum 90-degree elbow with v-band clamp. We felt that an aluminum elbow was necessary for this application since air temperatures are going to be the hottest right at the compressor discharge and a silicone boot would not be as reliable.
All HSM piping is fabricated out of high quality steel and tig welded with amazing precision. We take pride in knowing that the fit and finish of every pipe will be at OEM quality or better. Piping is available in raw form (to be coated by you in the color/style of your choice), or you can pick to have it coated in a classy textured black finish as pictured above. Bungs are welded into place in convenient locations for connecting your water injection, nitrous, or any other 1/8" NPT accessory. Plugs are included if you choose to not use any of the supplied bungs. A two piece downpipe is included and will mate to most aftermarket exhaust systems using a ball flange just like the OEM downpipe. All piping is crafted here in the USA.
You will be receiving 3 custom cast pieces with your HSM turbo kit (2 exhaust manifolds and 1 turbo pedestal). These parts were engineered and produced here in the USA using the best possible materials to ensure they will withstand the most extreme temperatures and pressures. Provisions in the exhaust manifolds for exhaust gas temperature sensors (factory sensor or 1/8" npt) are provided, as well as a location to install the OEM exhaust back pressure sensor. A wastegate port is also machined into the driver's side manifold and a block-off plate is included should you choose not to use this feature.
The HSM driver's side exhaust manifold is machined to accept a wastegate. You may utilize our Universal 40MM Wastegate, but some fabrication may be required. We recommend cutting a hole into the downpipe and building a pipe to connect the wastegate outlet directly into the downpipe. You can also let the wastegate dump to atmosphere if you don't have any means of welding/fabricating.
No air filter provision is included in this kit. This product is engineered to fit with the OEM or S&B air intake box. If you are running something other than that, adjustments may be necessary to ensure correct fitment. Piping, rubber couplings, and hose clamps are included to route the OEM or S&B intake to the HSM turbocharger. The 4" air intake piping is designed to clear a dual high pressure fuel system, should you have one installed on your vehicle.
One look at our components and you'll understand why they are the best on the market. From the custom engineered castings to the full color detailed instruction manual, there was no expense spared during the development of this product. All parts are included with the kit to make installation as simple as possible.
Whether you're looking for a performance gain or just wanting something to replace the OEM unit, this kit is a great solution for you. It will make your 6.7L Power Stroke run like it is supposed to!
Turbocharger Size Options
We offer several different compressor wheel options with this kit:
- 63mm Forged-Milled Compressor Wheel (575-625 WHP)
- 64mm Forged-Milled Compressor Wheel (600-650 WHP)
- 66mm Forged-Milled Compressor Wheel (650-700 WHP)
- 69mm Forged-Milled Compressor Wheel (700-750 WHP)
* All of the above options include the 73mm turbine wheel and 1.00 A/R divided turbine housing, unless requested otherwise.
** The end-user is always responsible for verifying proper boost/drive pressure ratios. Other exhaust housing options and/or wastegate solutions may be suggested to prevent turbocharger damage on some specific applications. If you need assistance with your particular application, please contact us prior to purchasing or installing this kit.
*** Since this kit includes a brand new BorgWarner unit, turbocharger warranties will need to be done directly through BorgWarner. Click here for the BorgWarner Performance Turbocharger Warranty Statement
Below are some of our dyno results from the different SX-E turbocharger options. The test vehicle had stock injectors but was equipped with our SX-E turbo kit and dual pump kit.
Blue = Torque
Red = Horsepower
Green = Boost
- HSM SX-E Turbocharger (1.00 A/R divided exhaust housing unless requested otherwise)
- SX-E 90-degree Compressor Outlet Elbow & Clamp
- HSM Cast Exhaust Manifolds
- HSM Divided T4 Cast Turbocharger Pedestal
- HSM Downpipe
- HSM High Quality Steel Intake and Charge Piping
- Installation Kit Including all necessary hoses, clamps, plugs, gaskets, adapters, etc.